Projects and Community Service
Since 1989 Montville UNICO has contributed over $1.5 Million to those in need. Charitable service is expanded through the Montville UNICO Foundation, which enthusiastically works to fulfill the community’s needs through financial support or goods & services. Some projects the Foundation has supported are:
- Financial support for terminally ill children.
- Relief fund for families affected by the World Trade Center disaster.
- Donations for disease research.
- Emergency payment of medical and utility bills.
- Grants for high school students.
- Holiday donations of gifts, food and clothing for needy families.
- Purchase of a van for an organization aiding the disabled.
- Labor and materials to adapt homes for the physically disabled.
- Donation of a defibrillator.
- Bulletproof vest program.
- Grants for Italian Studies.
- We donated $800 to for three weeks at a special camp for a child with multiple disabilities.
- Over $12,000 was donated to help cover medical expenses for a Montville family.
- Over $9500 was donated for National Colleges Scholarships and vocational schools.
- Paid the utilities expenses of a Rachel Garden resident who needed emergency financial assistance.
- Distributed over 8000 turkeys in cooperation with the Turkeys 4 U student group.
- Purchased and distributed toys and gifts at Christmas to low income families, St. Peters Church and St Anne’s Church.